1. Know your rug: Know the yarn and backing. Also, be aware if the manufacturer left any specific instructions for the maintenance of your rug.
2. Rotate your rug: Consider having multiple rugs to rotate in high traffic areas. This rotation will preserve your rug in a high traffic area.
3. Schedule regular professional cleanings: Professional cleaning is the best way to ensure a long life for your rug. Professionals can reverse the day to day damage accumulated by your rug.
4. Avoid the sun: Limit your rug's exposure to direct sunlight to prevent fading. Consider closing the blinds when the room is not in use.
5. Manage shedding: Vacuum 1-2 times weekly. Never pull on loose strands, always cut them back to size.
6. Protect your rug from furniture: Use protectors on the feet of furniture to prevent large divots or damage the pile. Make the legs of furniture are clean before placing them on the rug.
7. Vacuum regularly: Vacuuming your rug will extend the life and beauty of it significantly. Vacuum at least 1-2 times weekly, even more for high traffic areas.
8. Remove pet hair: If there is stubborn pet hair or dirt in your rug consider using tools such as a carpet brush or carpet rake.
9. Stain and spill: Blot up the spill using a clean cloth. Do not rub in the stain. Scrap up solid spills and then vacuum when dry.
Here are some before & after pictures of our professional rug cleaning service!
For more information about our professional area and oriental rug cleaning service, click here!